Are you in an abusive relationship?
If you answer YES to any of these questions, visit www.stepsvt.org for assistance.
Does your Partner:
- Stop you from talking to or seeing family or friends?
- Embarrass you with bad names and put-downs?
- Look at you or act in ways that scare you?
- Treat you roughly, grab you, shove you, push you?
- Control what you do, who you see or talk to, or where you go?
- Stop you from seeing or talking to friends and family?
- Prevent you from getting or keeping a job?
- Take your money, make you ask for money or refuse to give you money?
- Make all the decisions?
- Prevent you from leaving after a fight?
- Tell you that you are a bad parent or threaten to take away your children?
- Act like abuse is no big deal, it is your fault, or even deny it?
- Destroy your property?
- Intimidate you with guns, knives or other weapons?
- Force you into sexual acts that you do not permit or enjoy?
- Threaten you with words or weapons?
- Shove you, slap you or hit you?
- Use violence against or threaten to hurt pets or things you care about?
- Threaten to kill them self?
- Threaten to kill you?